Sunday, May 24, 2009

31st Batch Diver Trainee’s Passing Out Ceremony

Finally..
We, the Naval Diver Trainee of the 31st batch BMT pass out!
Hooya!

this last week of BMT became emotional for me..
Monday to Thursday was easy days..
on Wednesday..
my Brother smsed me about a letter from SRJC..
about SRJC’s College Day Prize Presentation..
3 awards for me..
upon reading it..
i called back home to double confirm..
yes.. it is 3..
all from my Shooting.. Leadership, Team and Individual Achievements..
my brother passed to my mother..
and immediately asked my mum to place the letter infront of my father
i was wondering how happy he would be if he is still around..
and another motivation to fight his illness
after the call..
i sat down outside my bunk and cried big times..
Ian was there for me.. really need to thank him for that..
how i wish my Father will be there when i collect my awards back in SRJC
………………. i think he will be there

on Friday..
Instructor Koh reconfirm to us that there is no such thing as an Easy Day..
12km Route March..
our final March to a place that they called “a no man’s land” to keep an element of surprise
just before we go off..
he gave us 15 seconds to camouflage our faces..
”you all thought i was joking right? 15 second?”
”whole lot go dive pool and get wet”
all of 31st batch jump into the dive pool in our nice and dry Long 4…
and a half shit green faces..
out of the pool are milky green and black camo cream dripping down our faces and down to our chest..
Instructor Koh gave us another 30 seconds..
our faces were really like shit..
Full Battle Order ON!..
and there we go for our final Route March with all of our Instructors and offices..
the Evolution that i feared the most..
from top to toe wet..
with our Goretex boots.. waterproof..
our feet was dipping in and out of that boot filled with water
we march and march.. 4km.. 8km…
last 4km… last 3km.. last 2km..
my head was really lack of blood..
every break we had..
i had to bend down to let the blood flow to my head to keep myself conscience..
i know i might faint just anytime..
and everytime my head was in great pain..
i thought of my Father..
i think he watching me from above..
i hung on and go.. and keep going..
last 1km was the longest ..
not because of mental hay wiring..
but we know that.. we have walked much more than 12km already..
dame~
Sembawang Camp… Woodlands..
Marsiling..
Singapore Turf Club..
Krangi War Memorial…. our final distination..
Instructor Puy was there to welcome us..
and we know our BMT is ending in minutes..
one minute of silence for the Heroes lying infront of us..
a walk inside..
and our Passing Out Ceremony…
CO Dive School presented to us our Navy blue Berets
and all our Instructors helped us to put on the Berets..
that was the end of BMT..
Choong Song Hon is the Best Trainee.. and Kuna got his Best PT
we seat on the step infront of the War Memorial and took some photos..
lighting was sucks..
so Toners was used to high beam our faces..
lol.. it was 2300 already..
the buses were here and we went back to Sembawang camp..
returned arms..
and we chiong back our bunk and change to book out NO.4..
tried to scretch down our faces to clear off the camo creams..
but some how.. it just dont go off..
took cab with Ian Angus and Sean with my face all black…
reached home finally at 12+..
what the shit POC is this..
people in Tekong POP nice nice..
we POC like dogs..
lol!
how much more unique can we be..
yea.. we are one of a kind..
Graduation.. it will be our day.. 5 months more to go..
HOOYA!

No comments: